Designer water the new wine

Wednesday 15 December 2010

While having lunch in Paris, I ordered water and I was given a San Pellegrino branded from Missoni.
First of all, it was funny to get a designer piece for so little money.
And second, Missoni is my neighbour (yes, family home and factory are 2 blocks away), and I felt home!

Anyway, in one of my first posts, I recall publishing some pictures from a bottle of Evian designed by Paul Smith.

So, I did some research on 'water and designers' and found out that many fashion designers have adventured into the 'water' field. What's the added value to a bottle of water?
From my side, I love flowers and I love to use unique bottles instead of vases.

Neverthless, the feeling to own a designer piece. Not talking about the shape of the bottle that can be a real state-of-the-art piece of design.

In my research I have found out that the bottle of water is a also a good piece of merchandise and promotion and offers an incredible variety of personalisation.

Evian is the worldwide water brand that more then anyone collaborate with designers.
San Pellegrino and Perrier are also good examples.
















Mastermind Japan per Fillico water




Burlesque water!




From Norway, Isklar water






Last but not least, drinking one glass of water (room temperature) as soon as you wake up in the morning will help to detox your body, flash out all impurities, help your bow to be regular, restore those water the body has lost during the sleeping, works wonder on your skin. Remember to drink water regularly during the day to keep your lovely body hidrated.



Boxed water and Dior feeding bottle


13 comments :

  1. what a great post, girl!
    Love the vases with the flowers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how interesting! I have never seen this before! Maybe this hasn't come to the States yet?

    http://www.glamlatte.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Well they sure are milking their powerful brands for all they can :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of that before. Cute idea.

    Maryjane xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just got a Missoni Pellegrino at a restaurant the other day. It's just fabulous, isn't it? I order a case of Pellegrino every week but never got the Missoni one. I almost took the bottle from the restaurant :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Ylenia,
    Well, the blog universe is very educational indeed - I had no idea this was going on in "the water world" ! Thank you for an interesting post! Got me thinking how I could possibly "pimp" some bottles with leftover wallpaper... or maybe not... ;-)

    Kind regards and Christmas greetings,
    Helena

    ReplyDelete
  7. wowsers - what a great collection. Some of those look too good to drink. And I love the carton of water idea - interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the idea...I should re used those bottles: flower vase...coz I tend to buy pricey water just to be safe from sickness If I'm out:)

    http://sunnytoast.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow love this! All the bottles look awsome!:o

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0bS-YnLf4s

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think this post is the best read of the week and it did not start yet

    ReplyDelete
  11. these bottles are gorgeous. i just had the box of water the other day..great packaging. great post!

    http://goodiesandbesties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. All I need is Evian and Perrier!!! All bottled water is not created equal!!! Great post!

    -PrettyP

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Missoni and I love Pellegrino, so that would be a perfect addition to my fridge!! I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete